Hi, I’m HyoJung. Currently, I am a first year Ph.D. student in Computer Science department at University of Maryland, College Park (UMD). I participate in Computational Linguistics and Information Processing (CLIP) Lab.
My research interests lie in the general domain of Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning. More specifically, I am interested in Machine Translation, Multi-lingual model, and Multimodality in a data-constrained environment.
Previously, I was a research/software engineer at Samsung Research (SR), the advanced R&D hub of Samsung Electronics’ SET Busines. I mainly worked on simultaneous and offline speech/text translation in Efficient Neural Machine Translation Team at SR. I completed my M.S in EE at KAIST.
For more details of me, here’s my Curriculum Vitae.
HyoJung Han ← HouJeung Han
To avoid any confusion, I want to clarify that my alphabetical name has been officially changed to “HyoJung Han” from “HouJeung Han” since July 2020. (same Korean name “한효정”) After the Amendment to the Enforcement Decree of the Passport Act enables the revision, I decided to change it despite the mess afterward. The main reason is that there is an obvious discrepancy between the original pronunciation in Korean(close to HyoJung) and in the previous alphabetical name(HouJeung) as well as the resulting problems from small to critical one because of this.
I know most of my listed publications are in “HouJeung” but it’s me, “HyoJung”!
- Sep/2021 - Paper accepted in WMT 2021.
- Aug/2021 - I am excited to start as a PhD student @UMD!
- Jan/2021 - Paper accepted in ICASSP 2021.
- Dec/2020 - Another Arxiv paper is out!
- Oct/2020 - I won a Bronze award as a first author in Samsung Best Paper Awards 2020! Thank you for the praise and prize !
- July/2020 - Invited as panelists in IWSLT 2020 Simultaneous Speech Translation task Panel discussion. See y’all at 9th July 12:30 PST!
- July/2020 - Our submission achieved the best score in the low-latency mode at Simultaneous Speech Translation task IWSLT 2020!
- May/2020 - Two papers accepted IWSLT 2020.
- April/2020 - Gave my first speech in PML4DC@ICLR2020.
- Jan/2020 - Paper accepted ICASSP 2020.
- Nov/2019 - My first Arxiv paper!